Toyota Mirai Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuel mileage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:50 pm 

So, we have about 800 miles odometer logged into the Mirai now. Originally new, we began our first fueling and the mileage meter registered as 300 miles+ to the tank. Ever since then, the gauge has been quietly going down after each fill, from 300mi, to 284 mi, to 273 mi and now recently 263 miles full on a tank. This last time I decided to return to the fueling station to see if the hydrogen had not completely filled the car. To no avail. Maybe I'm missing something?? Is there a smart meter that judges your driving performance each time to tell you how much fuel is left?? I'm open ears..

Post subject: Re: Fuel mileage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm 

Mileage estimate is based on driving activity over the last 8 tanks. That being said, I lead-foot all I want with the Mirai. The gas is free after all. If I need a little more range for some reason (and that hasn't happened), then I'll drive more conservatively.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:03 pm 

Thank you. I figured as much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:11 pm 

I think I get better mileage around town-stop and go-then i do on the freeway at consistent speed-
I did not expect that-anyone else have this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 am 

The Mirai has a battery to briefly store electricity from its regenerative braking system, which activates a generator while braking or slowing down. With the regenerative braking system, it can get better mileage in stop and go traffic versus the constant speed with freeway driving that utilizes less of the regenerative braking system.