Toyota Mirai Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tip on buying fuel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:44 pm 

well sad that there aren't too many posts on here but I think I'll make one with some important information for new owners

when I first got my free fuel card for the three years I thought wow $15,000 that's such a huge amount of money I'll never get through that !
however now that I've been driving it for a while and I finally sat down and figured out cost per mile I realize that the fuel card pretty much just barely covers your 12,000 miles a year expectedly's mileage if you buy at the usual places .

so here's the important tip: while prices per kilo for hydrogen seem somewhat standardized there are one or two places that are cheaper. In fact two dollars per kilo cheaper!

so shop around and you might find yourself with $10 per fill up extra credit on your card

Post subject: Re: Tip on buying fuel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm 

Agree with you in all respects. I think many Mirai owners are going to be in for a surprise in the third year of their lease when they run out of the free gas and then have to start paying. And I too notice a difference in price but only $1 per kg. Are you finding a bigger difference and if so where are you going?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm 

I am doing 210-240 miles per tank. Each tank costs me about $70. So if I take 36,000 miles / 200 miles (to be a little conservative), I will need to fill 180 full tanks in 3 years. That's $12,600. As long as the N2 price is not going up, I think I am okay in my situation. (in fact, it should come down as time goes!)

Do you spend about $70/tank? Or much more than that?

thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:45 pm 

I am considering upgrading ? from my Camry Hybrid to the Mirai. Would love any input from others, especially on the fuel costs and where it may be less.
Thanks!
RachelBrouse