Toyota Mirai Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Reserve capacity of fuel tank
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:58 pm 

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the sudden shortage of hydrogen in So. Cal. but let me share my frustration.
For reasons beyond my control (room mate drove my car while I was out of town), I am down to about 14 miles in my tank. I have been waiting 3 LONG DAYS for the hydrogen station in La Canada to be refilled. I've had my car parked at a grocery store across the street from the La Canada station for 3 days b/c I don't have enough fuel to drive home and drive back to the station.

The So Pasadena station is about 6 1/2 miles away. I'm tempted to drive there to fill up but am worried that I may run out of hydrogen.
Does anyone on this forum know if the fuel tank register is completely accurate? Wondering if I should risk taking the trip....

(So annoying that ZERO updates have been posted for the La Canada station on the website that tracks the fueling stations in California.)

Post subject: Re: Reserve capacity of fuel tank
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm 

I am going through the same frustration. Stations are continuously down. I had to go through the same situation with no fuel for two days. On top my 2018 Mirai started from 265 full tank and now after full tank it shows 211 miles per tank. Toyota advertisement per tank is 312 miles. This is ridiculous. They did not even have the infrastructure setup to support fuel and other repair needs, yet started selling cars with fake advertisement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 pm 

I too share in your frustration--to answer your question, I was told by a Mirai person that there is about 20-30 miles remaining when it shows empty.

Regarding lack of fuel in general, I was told by a Honda Clarity driver that Honda is letter folks out of their leases. Has anyone had success with that? They keep selling these cars and there is no infrastructure to fuel them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:37 pm 

If you're having trouble finding fuel, call Toyota and they will authorize you to rent another vehicle at a cost of up to $50 per day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:34 am 

Thanks, and know that and have been driving a Ford Fusion since last week. However, I did not lease a Fusion.