Toyota Mirai Forum

It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Has anybody bought one yet?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 am 

I got the call that I can get it in 2 weeks if I wanted. They won't budge on price even though I see at least 4 on the lot, I think I might just go with the Hyundai Tucson since they will negotiate for that one.

Post subject: Re: Has anybody bought one yet?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:07 am 

Just picked up my Toyota Mirai from Santa Monica Toyota (lease) this afternoon. I had ordered it in July 2015. The expected delivery date was May 2016.

It is a Nautical Blue Mirai. After filling up H2 at Cloverfield H2 station in Santa Monica, drove about 50 miles on I-405. Terrible traffic at 6PM, did not have chance to drive over 40MPH. But return drive at 9:00PM was good. Driving at 80+MPH felt good.

I am driving a Honda S2000 for the last 14 years. My wife drives a Prius, my daughter drives a Prius. The reason I give you my previous car information so that you can guess my driving habits.

Mirai:
Good acceleration.
Good handling (this is not a roadstar!)
The seat heights are higher than Prius (much higher than S2000).
Front visibility could be a problem for short people, even with this seat height.
Mirai is heavier than Prius.
Interior is semi-luxury.
Instrumentation Prius-like.
H2 is easily available in the West Side of Los Angeles.
H2 filling process is quick and painless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:09 am 

You're the first person to actually get one on this forum... You must of gotten it from Edwin... Did you pay full price?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:37 am 

I got one too. If anybody wants to discuss pricing.. PM me.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:24 pm 

moolman wrote:
I got one too. If anybody wants to discuss pricing.. PM me.

Thanks

So did you manage to negotiate on price?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:25 pm 

nazmulula wrote:
Just picked up my Toyota Mirai from Santa Monica Toyota (lease) this afternoon. I had ordered it in July 2015. The expected delivery date was May 2016.

It is a Nautical Blue Mirai. After filling up H2 at Cloverfield H2 station in Santa Monica, drove about 50 miles on I-405. Terrible traffic at 6PM, did not have chance to drive over 40MPH. But return drive at 9:00PM was good. Driving at 80+MPH felt good.

I am driving a Honda S2000 for the last 14 years. My wife drives a Prius, my daughter drives a Prius. The reason I give you my previous car information so that you can guess my driving habits.

Mirai:
Good acceleration.
Good handling (this is not a roadstar!)
The seat heights are higher than Prius (much higher than S2000).
Front visibility could be a problem for short people, even with this seat height.
Mirai is heavier than Prius.
Interior is semi-luxury.
Instrumentation Prius-like.
H2 is easily available in the West Side of Los Angeles.
H2 filling process is quick and painless.

Thanks for sharing this! I was going to ask if you were in the US, but I just see now you commented about hydrogen availability on the West of LA.

How many miles have you put on it now?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:17 am 

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here...just trying to glean all relevant information on the Mirai before I take delivery here in Davis, CA. I signed up for ownership in the fall of 2015. I've now been told that my car, a silver one because they look clean even when dirty, is now available. I'm planning on taking delivery after we return from a trip to NY in early June.

Of course I'm struggling with all the usual issues including wife's feeling it's extravagant, lack of fueling sites, especially out of state. and the best way to commit to ownership, buy outright, finance or lease?

I'm excited about a possible hydrogen future but have doubts that I'm jumping on board too soon? I have a lot of faith in Toyota to roll out a fully developed product and was satisfied with my Mirai test drive. We do have an '08 Prius and our adult children are still operating their hand me down `02 Camry & `97 4Runner. All now have high mileage but are still reliable and safe.

I've been a gearhead all my life with a special connection to high performance motorbikes both vintage and modern and on & off road. I have the tools and ability to do most all of my own maintenance but of course I don't have much in the way of specialized computerized diagnostics that's now required for modern vehicles. But I do understand how things work and am willing to learn new technologies.

Please feel free to chime in with your thoughts, I'd love some advice.

Thanks,
Jerrykap
Davis, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:53 pm 

Sorry, I did not check this forum in few weeks. I check the Facebook group regularly.
First of all, I did not know you can bargain the price of Mirai. I paid the full price. Yes, I did the transactions with Edwin. He is great! No pressure for buying extras, even though I purchased the excessive wear and tear insurance package on my own.

Now, for purchasing the Mirai in Davis. The only H2 fueling station near Davis is the West Sacramento station. One station planned in Truckee, four open in Bay Area. That means, traveling within California and going up to Reno is no problem. Driving to Southern California is a bit risky, if the Harris Ranch station is the only one in the middle and if it is down, then there is no alternative. Taking the car beyond Reno is not an option. I never take my own car for long road trips anyway. I always rent for long trips. I don't want my own car dinged and chipped from the pebbles flying at high speeds.

At this point I have driven the car about 435 miles. I love the car. It is just a great car. Only issue for anyone should be the refueling stations. But for me it's perfect. I live in a place that will have eight stations within less than 20 miles radius by the end of 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm 

What do you guys think about a second hand Mirai at this point? Do you think they're a good buy, generally speaking?